Friday 21 June 2013

Liberton/Gilmerton By-election 2013

The by-election count for the Liberton/Gilmerton Ward took place today at the City Chambers. The election was held following the sad death of SNP Councillor Tom Buchanan.


 
Commenting on the by-election result, Scottish Conservative candidate, Stephanie Murray said:

"I congratulate Keith Robson on his victory today and wish him well. I am satisfied with the Conservatives result and believe this demonstrates that there is a good Conservative presence in the Ward. I thank Conservatives across the Ward for turning out to support me. Once again we finished clearly ahead of the Liberal Democrats."

Conservative Councillor for Liberton/Gilmerton, Nick Cook said:

"I congratulate Labour's Keith Robson on his victory. However, with three out of four Ward Councillors now all representing the same Party, I am more committed than ever to providing a robust, common sense alternative voice for voters right across Liberton/Gilmerton."

No comments:

Post a Comment